Coaches Corner: In between games I’ll always have pasta and skittles (11/06/22)
1. With a long trip up to Edinburgh and a busy day tomorrow, what are some of the key things that you will be looking to do?
Rob Fodor: Even though we’ve been a team for a long while now, this is our first flag season in quite a few years so in a way it’s been like learning from scratch again. We’ve been performing really well in games but missing out on the wins by only a few points on average. Number one focus is getting that first win so we’re hoping to get out and hit the ground running on Sunday!
2. Who do you think will be your closest game tomorrow?
Rob Fodor: West Lothian have the same record of us, so one of us is walking away with a first win tomorrow
3. What is your pre game/tournament ritual?
Rob Fodor: I don’t really have a specific pre game ritual but I’ll tend to try and take a second on my own to calm my nerves a bit. In between games I’ll always have pasta and skittles though so that’s kind of a weird little ritual!
4. What phase of the game do you think is the most important to the team?
Rob Fodor: We tend to score pretty highly on offence which makes our games a bit of a shootout. I think if we can make sure to keep the score down for our opponents, we’ll manage to start racking up those wins.
5. What will a successful day for you look like tomorrow?
Rob Fodor: It’s a long way to go for a tournament so naturally our numbers aren’t going to be as high, so it’s already going to be tougher than usual. Obviously best case scenario is to go 3-0, but if we can drive home and know that we did everything we could then I’ll be happy.
6. Have you seen any weaknesses with the other teams?
Rob Fodor: Game film is a bit limited in flag so we’ve not had much chance to look at tape. We’ve done as much prep as possible, so hopefully we’ll be in a good position tomorrow
7. Who will be your hardest game tomorrow?
Rob Fodor: Edinburgh Outlaws are top of the division, so they’re the toughest opponent tomorrow.
8. Finally, what are your Heads/Tails calls for all the games tomorrow?
Rob Fodor: It’s rock paper scissors in flag, so telling would give away my tactics!
Thanks for answering my questions, we all look forward to hearing how we get on, and hopefully we can get that first win! Good luck and have a great tournament.